The first ever edition of Afrik Models Exhibition took place on the 25th of June 2017, in Nigeria. Afrik Model exhibition is an event that celebrates models in Africa and also designers and makeup brands.
This year, 7 countries took part; Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, Togo, Cameroon, Benin and Côte D’ivoire. Cameroon won the most awards. See list below.
- Yaovi Marc Fo Kiki(Togo) Best fashion designer of the year
- Olympian House International(Cameroon) Best model agency of the year.
- Lucie Audrey Meneng(Cameroon) Best female model of the year.
- Nyeck Koffi Baker( Cote D’ivoire) Best male model of the year.
- Yayra Make over(Ghana) Best make up fashion house of the year.
- Elodie Ingrid Bassama(Cameroon) Fast rising model of the year.
The event also had guest artists like; Tolu from Mtn Nigeria project fame, Michael Meme, Voice of African and Paul Raven from Hannessy Artistry.
Next edition, August 2017, in Nigeria and November 2018 in Cameroon.